During the earnings report call for Take-Two, the parent company of 2K, they revealed a slew of impressive sales numbers for their latest games.
Borderlands 2 has shipped over six million copies to date and is on track to be Gearbox’s highest-selling game in the history of the 2K label. May Payne 3 has shipped an impressive 4 million copies to date, up one million from last May.
According to Take-Two, “The largest contributors to net revenue in fiscal year 2013 were Borderlands 2, NBA 2K13, BioShock Infinite, Max Payne 3, Grand Theft Auto IV, XCOM: Enemy Unknown and Red Dead Redemption.”
The company is also banking largely on the success of their upcoming game, Grand Theft Auto V, hoping the title to make up 65% of their upcoming revenue. The remaining 35% is predicted to come from WWE 2K14, The Bureau: XCOM Declassified and NBA 2K14. All three of these titles are set to release this fall.